REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR RESEARCH FUNDING – ACADEMIC YEAR 2018-19
ACM SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP ON MIS
Requests Proposals for research on topics of interest to the IS/IT academic and practitioner communities
Up to $3000 grants available per proposal – ½ upon awarding of the grant and ½ upon completion of the project, delivery of a working paper for presentation at a SIGMIS – conference
and inclusion in the conference proceedings.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
• IS Workforce – labor markets
• IS Personnel – retention, training, skills
• Social inclusion
• IS Leadership
• IS Entrepreneurship
• Digital work
• Additional topics pertaining to the understand, use, and manipulation of IS by people and organizations
• Proposal for a defined research project presented in up to 10 pages (double-spaced and 12pt. font) excluding diagrams and references.
• Recipient must be a member of SIGMIS at the time of receiving funds
• All publications resulting from funded research must provide a recognition citation that the work was funded (at least in part) by the ACM SIGMIS
Criteria for evaluating proposals will include:
• No proposal shall be awarded to any project team that includes a member of the committee of 5 or elected officer of SIGMIS. ACM conflict of interest guidelines will be followed (Please see https://awards.acm.org/awards-committees/conflict-of-interest)
• The proposal provides benchmarks for progress and specifies at least one clear deliverable.
• The proposal argues clear contributions to theory, practice or the ACM SIGMIS-CPR community.
• Priority will be given to proposals that show benefit broadly or have applicability across the whole MIS community relative to those targeted to a narrower audience.
• Should no proposal rise above an acceptable threshold for funding, the committee is not obligated to recommend any projects for that funding cycle.
The committee will provide feedback regarding the selection decision.
Submission Deadline: April 15, 2018
Award Decisions: June 18-20, 2018
Award Announcement: July 15, 2018
E-Mail proposal to: Fred Niederman, Saint Louis University at Fred.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mark in the email title: SIGMIS grant proposal 2018
Please name your file: [PI last name] SIGMIS grant proposal 2018