Become a member of SIGMIS for only $29 a year (professional rate) or $19 (student rate).
Registration is easy and can be done on the ACM website at: https://services.acm.org/public/qj/gensigqj/login_gensigqj.cfm?rdr=promo=QJSIG&offering=004&form_type=SIG
Registration forms can also be found online at: https://www.acm.org/binaries/content/assets/membership/sig-pdfs/sigmis.pdf
Member Benefits Provided to SIGMIS Members:
- Subscription to The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems (Data Base, for short), a peer-reviewed quarterly publication devoted to communicating advances in research and best practice in MIS.
- Continue to inform members through the SIGMIS listserv, SIGMISfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access to the following content in the ACM Digital Library: Data Base, proceedings of the ACM SIGMIS CPR conferences, and proceedings of conferences and workshops in cooperation with SIGMIS
- Reduced registration for SIGMIS sponsored conferences
Community Benefits Provided by SIGMIS:
- Continue to inform the community through the SIGMIS website.
- SIGMIS CPR (Computers & People Research) Conference.
- Present the outstanding conference paper award, entitled “Magid Igbaria Outstanding Conference Paper of the Year Award.”
- Hold a Doctoral Consortium annually in advance of the conference to provide feedback and guidance to students pursuing a PhD in an area related to computers and people.
- Funding of attendees to the Doctoral Consortium through our travel grant program.
- Hold a Journal Editors Panel to assist researchers targeting the journals for publication consideration
- Hold an Industry Panel to discuss how to extend research for impact & relevancy beyond contributions to academia
- In-cooperation with the International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS).
- Sponsor the Doctoral Dissertation Paper Award.
- Hold the annual networking reception for SIGMIS members.
- Continue to represent ACM as a member of a select group to develop model curriculum for education in IS, both at the undergraduate and graduate level. Please visit http://www.acm.org/education/curricula.html.
- Continue to fund a representative to the International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP).