From a dusky town of seventies with mild weather and numerous lakes, Bengaluru has emerged as a leading global city of the twenty first century boasting modernity amidst tradition. The city is a unique blend of modernity and heritage which is reflected in its architecture, cuisine, and the way of life. Local attractions in Bengaluru include the Bengaluru Palace and the Fort of Tipu Sultan which tell the tales of changing thrones, deceit, wars, defeats, and victories of the Deccan Plateau. Later additions to the city, which enrich the existing beauty, include the High Court, St. Mary’s Basilica, Vidhana Soudha, and ISKCON Temple.
See the link “Bangalore Local Tourism”, which provides information about the places of interest in Bangalore.
TOURISM – OUTSIDE BANGALORE
Together with the neighboring cities of Kolar (67 km), Mysore (143 km), and Hampi, a UNESCO world heritage site (343 km), Bengaluru has retained the history and culture of the Vijayanagara empire (1336-1565 AD), which excelled in the Hindu temple architecture. Bengaluru does not only satisfy the appetite for built environment lovers but is also the nest of nature housing Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary and Bannerghatta Biological Park. Driving little further away from the hustle bustle of the main city, one can escape into the dense vegetation of Bandipur and enjoy elephant rides into the forest in search of big cats in the reserves of Bandipur, Mudumalai, and Masinagudi (approx. 235 km).
For those interested in places around Bangalore, or in any place in India, we provide below details of two travel agencies:
SS TOURISM: Never Ending Storys..
(website: neverendingstorys.com )
SS TOURISM is a Responsible tour operator based in Bangalore INDIA founded by Mr Sandeep Sinha. SS Tourism focusses on the concept of Responsible Travel (Community based Tourism, and Sustainable Tourism). Mr Sandeep Sinha – is an active travel professional with a vast experience in field of Leisure travel. He has worked in major travel setups and was also involved in co- founding of 2 travel companies in the last nine years. During his stint in Thomas Cook he was looking into Incoming sales and marketing and was also involved with brand positioning for the company. He has participated in several trade fairs and travel conferences around the world. Sandeep is widely travelled both within India and around the world (50++ countries). His passion for meaningful Tourism led to the founding of – SS Tourism with the following vision:
- To provide an excellent experience and service to its customers.
- Use Tourism as a tool to enhance the quality of life of its stakeholders mainly the local communities.
- Conservation of local art forms (tangible & intangible), folk lore, music and architecture.
Sandeep can be contacted at:
Mobile: +91 7676539716; Email: email@example.com
WHAT CAN SS TOURISM DO FOR THE CPR 2017 CONFERENCE?
- Book Hotels for all the delegates at a competitive price.
- Create Pre and Post Tours within India
Here are some indicative Pre and Post Tours, which SS Tourism can offer to the participants
Tour A: Heritage Hampi (UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITE)
- Day 1: Leave for Hampi by surface – 6 hours drive. Arrive at Hampi. Overnight in Hotel.
- Day 2 & 3: Visit the ruins of Hampi.
- Day 4: Transfer to Bangalore .
Tour B: Monsoon in Kerala
- Day 1: Fly into Kochi. Transfer to Fort Kochi. Overnight in a nice heritage accommodation.
- Day 2: Explore Fort Kochi – Jew Town, Dutch Palace, Chinese Fishing Nets. Overnight in Fort Kochi
- Day 3: Drive to Kumarakom Islands. Stay overnight at a resort.
- Day 4: Overnight on a houseboat
- Day 5: Transfer back to Kochi airport.
Tour C: Dravidian Temple Tour of Tamilnadu
- Day 1: Fly into Chennai, & then onwards to Mahabalipuram by road. Overnight at a resort facing sea.
- Day 2: Visit Kanchipuram. Onwards to Pondicherry
- Day 3: Visit Auroville (World City) and Pondicherry
- Day 4: Drive to Tanjore; 4 hours drive – via Chidambaram temples
- Day 5: AM: Visit Brihadeeswara Temples and Art Gallery. Noon: Drive to Trichy
- Day 6: AM: Visit Trichy temples and Sringeri. PM: Drive to Madurai 3 hours drive. Evening: Visit Lights at Meenakshi Temple
- Day 7: Visit Madurai. Overnight in Madurai
- Day 8: Fly to Chennai/Bangalore.
Tour D: Golden Triangle-Romance with Taj
- Day 1: Arrive Delhi & drive down to Agra-4 hours drive. Evening visit Taj Mahal. Overnight at Agra
- Day 2: Visit Fort and drive to Jaipur-4hours drive.
- Day 3: Visit Jaipur-the pink city. Ajmer Fort, City Palace and Bazaar.
- Day 4: Drive/or Train to New Delhi. Overnight Delhi
- Day 5: Full day visit Delhi (old and New Delhi)
- Day 6: Fly out
Traveller’s Choice is a 23 year old IATA accredited travel company located in 9th block Jayanagar, Bangalore. We are approximately 4 kilometres from the IIMB campus.
We have great experience in handling outbound groups and inbound conferences, similar to this conference.
We can handle the entire travel process including air tickets for the delegates, hotel accommodation for the delegates and shared/ private transport for the delegates. We can accept online credit card payments as well.
Some of the events for which we have been travel partners – The Dell Annual Analysts Conference, The National Pediatric Critical Care Conference, The Coke Studio and Sprite events handled by Counter Culture Hospitality, The Indie March rock show promoted by Counter Culture Hospitality, The VR Mall Launch.
- MS. NAMRATA BANERJEE: MOBILE +91 9611679103; E Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MR. PRAMOD K J: MOBILE + 91 9945122038; E Mail: email@example.com
- MR. NIRANJAN S BHARGAV – +91 80 22449260; E Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PHONE NUMBERS – +91 80 26646246/ 26646248/ 41301731/ 41301732
Interested participants are requested to directly contact the respective travel agent for their travel plans. The conference committee doesn’t endorse any particular travel agent